Welcome

My eyes have led me down a path I never thought I would take. Although holding on to memories has always been important to me, I haven’t dreamed of being a photographer my whole life. I have, however, dreamed of keeping my kids small and my vacations alive. I have wished to stop time, to hold on to the moment, to bottle up my kids cute faces or the silly things they wear. To some extent, photography allows me to do just that. It has opened my eyes to a previously undiscovered world. It has allowed me to see the world around me with a deeper appreciation. I am constantly aware of the extraordinary among the ordinary and the beauty in the mundane. I don't see pictures. I see stories ... with both my eyes and my heart. I am a wordless storyteller. Thanks for joining me here.

Newborn Lifestyle Session

Saturdays are for storytelling.

In light of that, I am going to use pictures to share a story about a family. This was right about the time a family of 3 became a family of 4. You can tell there was something to celebrate by the balloons on the table....a little deflated so I am guessing this wee one is probably a few weeks old.


Dad was relaxing when I arrived....watching who knows what on ESPN (crack me up!) I love how he is just relaxing with the baby. Babies force you to stop and be still and relax...I loved that, sleepless and all, stop the madness of life for a short while.....but I never noticed the funny image on the TV until now.


Big sister was a big help.
 (She even noticed those sweet baby feet...)


If mom gets a kiss, big sister gets one too!
Love this.





 Checking in on little sis....



Mom had so many sweet touches around the nursery.


 Singing her a little song...

 Look at the tulle, the crown, the big sister book and the wand.....all things you can most certainly find on a home with little girls. (I miss seeing those things on my floors...It used to drive me crazy and I never thought I would. Those older moms were right.)

 Mom - did you even imagine you would be able to have this enormous amount of mommy-love for another??? It is so miraculous...


 I love how sweetly she is holding baby's head...and love seeing her wedding ring...



 More daddy time...



 What would I do without this little helper?? Another photographer!!

 Let's not be so serious and let's have some fun!!
Tme to rest. I will tuck you in....(I am sure she learned that from the many times she has felt safe and secure being tucked in herself)

 I just love how mom is gingerly and sweetly speaking to her daughter here. It seems to peaceful and loving to me.

 "Sisters are the perfect best friends."
 The baby may not completely agree....;)

 This momma is gorgeous! And what joy it is to look into those new eyes after wondering so long what she would look like, what her personality would be...


 Sweet and precious.


 In home sessions are so wonderful. They are generally relaxed and I love all of the things you can capture. I would highly recommend everyone trying this one time. Things in your home will be captured that one day you may forget - it is so natural and something you can't always get from a location shoot....and it is real life. Your house doesn't have to be spotless or perfectly decorated. Just "comes as your are." Can't wait to capture this one as she grows...and her sweet family too!

This story is a beautiful picture of a family going through a huge life change. This little one must be laid back because oftentimes we have tears when spending time with a newborn...what a wonderful time in mom, dad, and big sisters life welcoming a new member of their family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment