Welcome

My eyes have led me down a path I never thought I would take. Although holding on to memories has always been important to me, I haven’t dreamed of being a photographer my whole life. I have, however, dreamed of keeping my kids small and my vacations alive. I have wished to stop time, to hold on to the moment, to bottle up my kids cute faces or the silly things they wear. To some extent, photography allows me to do just that. It has opened my eyes to a previously undiscovered world. It has allowed me to see the world around me with a deeper appreciation. I am constantly aware of the extraordinary among the ordinary and the beauty in the mundane. I don't see pictures. I see stories ... with both my eyes and my heart. I am a wordless storyteller. Thanks for joining me here.

Bethany + Austin [Wedding]

High School sweethearts....the beauty and the brains (jk Beth...)....sweet, sweet bridal party...windy, gorgeous day (did I mention WINDY?)...

Knowing the bride's family for years, I was honored to be a part of Bethany's day. They are family to us. My husband and I have looked up to them in many ways, they have mentored us. We are so thankful for them. I have watched Bethany grow up...seen her through good times and some not so good times. Her family had a really tough week the week of their wedding. Without sharing details, it is amazing to watch them confidently walk forward and trust God to work things out for good in the end.

Austin and his family are no strangers either. He played basketball for my husband and is just a great, solid young man. Bethany, you better treat him well and be thankful for him. He will help keep you level ;). You and I have similar personalities and need level headed men to get through our days, to be on time, and to help us stay focused - on any one particular thing ;).

The day was beautiful. The Highland Lakes Golf Course staff was so helpful and wonderful to work with! (especially when we left the the ring bearer's sign and couldn't find it! Someone from the Lakes offered to drive it to us at the Church and got there right as the processional was starting! Thank you!!!)

Bethany is artsy and had a hand in all of the details...can't wait to show the pictures. I know you will see the love and friendship they have as the story unfolds....


























As we were doing some bridal shots, we heard a man's voice complimenting Beth and saying the kindest things. He sounded familiar and we looked up to see the Governor! What a surprise! He was so kind to come and take a picture with her too.

Austin and Bethany decided to do a First Look. I did one of those when I got married and have never once regretted it. It helped me to relax and enjoy the day - I wanted to see my best friend and I wanted to have the quiet special time together, alone before the busyness of the day got unde way. They had some time alone on the porch to talk, and embrace, and they even chose to show their love by washing each other's feet. Here is just a small sampling of the many images of that sweet time together. It was really nice in another way as we were able to start the reception right after the ceremony.





























Even though Austin had already spent time with Bethany, he still got caught on his breath as he saw her walking down the aisle.






I
Bethany and her mom spent much time finding and purchasing the most perfect tea cups and sets for the centerpieces and Austin's mom made beautiful favors following along the same theme.




Austin's family has a tradition of making a "Sweet table" at receptions and they really went all out. Very cute and tasty ;)















Thanks for letting my whole family be a part of your day. I wish you true JOY throughout the years and on this new journey together. AND - I know the fun of being married young and in college - and I pray that you will truly savor these years. They all go faster and faster the older you get. Blessings to you!!!

Thank you SO much to Colleen of CTPhotoMemories for stopping over to get some amazing shots during the first look and with the wedding party and bride and groom! You are awesome and you have a great eye! We always have a blast together! Thank you also to Kaci Brown for spending the day with me and helping take pictures (you got some great ones too!), hold bags, run errands and do whatever was needed. You were a really big help and support!

1 comments:

ctphotomemories said...

You are so welcome AM :) What an incredible story that you captured :) beautiful job!

Post a Comment