Welcome

My eyes have led me down a path I never thought I would take. Although holding on to memories has always been important to me, I haven’t dreamed of being a photographer my whole life. I have, however, dreamed of keeping my kids small and my vacations alive. I have wished to stop time, to hold on to the moment, to bottle up my kids cute faces or the silly things they wear. To some extent, photography allows me to do just that. It has opened my eyes to a previously undiscovered world. It has allowed me to see the world around me with a deeper appreciation. I am constantly aware of the extraordinary among the ordinary and the beauty in the mundane. I don't see pictures. I see stories ... with both my eyes and my heart. I am a wordless storyteller. Thanks for joining me here.

Happy 1st Birthday Olivia!

It has been a long winter!! I am so ready for warmer weather! Recently, I had had a rough week and really wasn't feeling like even getting out of bed. Do you ever have those weeks? My husband is a basketball coach (I am his biggest fan;) and we had just ended another good but exhausting season. What a gift it was to HAVE TO leave the house to meet a family for a photo shoot - the first one outside since Spring. Having the chance to be outside with a new-to-me, sweet family was refreshing and healing.

Fortunately, we found a warm day nestled between the cold. Now just because it was warm doesn't mean it wasn't windy! - Really, really windy! Let me give you a short walk through of our time together. Meet Olivia. (Don't you love those beautiful blue eyes?)
And - meet her parents...(I think they like her ;)
 And her animals...(Don't you love these one year old fingers!)
She is so close to walking.
She loves her mama...
and her dada...
and books! (and did I mention her Kitty? :) - oh did she ever love that kitty!)
Mom and dad, it is your job to help guide her on this crazy life journey. She may not always want to listen, but you will work really hard at it. I am sure.
And ... someday ... she will think about growing up and starting to go off on her own....(hard to think about when she is just one) .... and you will watch, proud and seeing her just like this simaltaneously.
(This is just to prove it was windy - gotta love the dad still smiling with hair in his face!)
Olivia obviously has a family who loves each other and her.
Enjoy these amazing toddler years, filled with curiosity and wonder. If you blink, they will fly by. Thanks for sharing your family with me. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment