Welcome

My eyes have led me down a path I never thought I would take. Although holding on to memories has always been important to me, I haven’t dreamed of being a photographer my whole life. I have, however, dreamed of keeping my kids small and my vacations alive. I have wished to stop time, to hold on to the moment, to bottle up my kids cute faces or the silly things they wear. To some extent, photography allows me to do just that. It has opened my eyes to a previously undiscovered world. It has allowed me to see the world around me with a deeper appreciation. I am constantly aware of the extraordinary among the ordinary and the beauty in the mundane. I don't see pictures. I see stories ... with both my eyes and my heart. I am a wordless storyteller. Thanks for joining me here.

Courtney and Billy [Wedding]

She had asked her dad if he would be strong at the wedding. It would already be hard enough to make it through the day she would marry the man of her dreams. If only he could keep his tears in check, maybe that would make it a little easier on her. Personally, I had a difficult time keeping it together. This family in some ways is like family to my husband and I. I have known Courtney for some time, but what a joy it was last fall when I had the opportunity to grab coffee with the newly engaged couple and get to know Billy a little as we enjoyed a windy fall day snapping engagement shots

These two met in college.....right at the beginning. It wasn't until the second semester that they started hanging out and thought they might have something special. A trip to the mall and an hour conversation on the car ride home quickly confirmed that. Fast forward a few years later to July 28, 2012 where they promised to choose to love each other as Mr. and Mrs. for "as long as they both shall live." Billy and Courtney are so fun to be around! There is no shortage of smiles and laughter in these shots....and they are sweet too. Enjoy walking through their wedding day with these images.

Courtney's ring was modeled after the first ring Billy's dad gave his mom and it even includes some of her diamonds. It is beautiful!








Courtney wanted to get a picture of her hands with her mom's and Billy' s moms hand. What a legacy these hands hold. Her parents have been married for 28 years and his parents are going on 25. What a blessing it is to have them to look up to as Billy and Courtney start this new journey themselves.


There was no first look at this wedding. Billy was set on waiting to see his bride as she walked down the aisle. However right before the ceremony, I was checking my gear and look up to see Courtney peeking through the door. Come to find out, she and Billy are talking, eyes closed, through the door. They had each written each other something. Here Courtney is reading this very creative and meaningful journal from Billy. So sweet.....
He sang a song to his beautiful bride.









So we asked the ring bearers to give her a little kiss....one guy took that quite seriously!



Loved using the Bible as a guest book...Choose a favorite passage and sign your name by it. Very special.


Thanks to Amy Gibson for coming to shoot some of the wedding with me! Colleen couldn't shoot this wedding with me so I really appreciated her help. We have so many great images and I cant wait to share them all. Here is a slideshow that includes a few more than you already see here.



0 comments:

Post a Comment