Welcome

My eyes have led me down a path I never thought I would take. Although holding on to memories has always been important to me, I haven’t dreamed of being a photographer my whole life. I have, however, dreamed of keeping my kids small and my vacations alive. I have wished to stop time, to hold on to the moment, to bottle up my kids cute faces or the silly things they wear. To some extent, photography allows me to do just that. It has opened my eyes to a previously undiscovered world. It has allowed me to see the world around me with a deeper appreciation. I am constantly aware of the extraordinary among the ordinary and the beauty in the mundane. I don't see pictures. I see stories ... with both my eyes and my heart. I am a wordless storyteller. Thanks for joining me here.

A Gift! [Family]

You know how frustrating it is when you want to give the perfect gift, but you just can't come up with anything new? ...for Mother's Day or birthdays or whatever day Hallmark has come up with ~ or even just because? These "kids" were on to something when they decided to surprise mom with a family photo shoot for a recent gift! Really - it is a gift that seemingly "stops time!" How many times do we wish we could just freeze life...right where we are (You younger kids may not appreciate how fast time flies yet - but you will. The older you get, the faster it moves!)? Sure there are times we would like to fast forward - but other times... if we could just take the moment and put it in a bottle and enjoy it again and again as time marches forward. Images from a photo shoot are somewhat like that, whether you display them in your home or office, create a book, or share them with friends via social media.

This beautiful family has a child in every stage of life it seems...one just finishing high school; another in college; one who recently had a baby and another expecting. I wonder what it would be like to have four girls growing up in one family. Zach and Terry, I am glad you had each other! Seriously, I am sure there was a bit of drama, but I cannot imagine the tight relationship you would form - the "sisterhood." I always wanted that special sister relationship. I looked up a few quotes on sisters...some were silly, some advice-giving, and some sentimental.

I smile because you are my sister, I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!  ~Unknown 
Sisters are different flowers from the same garden. Unknown 
You can kid the world. But not your sister.  ~ Charlotte Gray  
Never look down on a sister except to pick her up. Unknown
A sister shares childhood memories and grown-up dreams. ~ Unknown
A sister is a forever friend.  ~ Unknown
Mom and dad are really inspiring people. They live generously and lovingly. In fact, Kelly (the beautiful mom) is a wonderful example of a loving sister and forever friend. She truly lives that out. Thank you for letting me spend a beautiful (and HOT!) morning with you!


Mom and dad...
Sweet baby boy. Stayed awake for a little while and then was more than content to be held and to suck his thumb. Such a cutie!


Speaking of babies...Woohoo!!!! Emily and Travis, what a great way to announce the upcoming addition to your family! You couldn't have planned a better due date! They wanted to have this specific picture since they had been married less than a year ago and had a wedding picture in this same spot!
Pure sweetness...every mom or grandma knows this feeling...
Many blessings to this special family!







0 comments:

Post a Comment