Welcome

My eyes have led me down a path I never thought I would take. Although holding on to memories has always been important to me, I haven’t dreamed of being a photographer my whole life. I have, however, dreamed of keeping my kids small and my vacations alive. I have wished to stop time, to hold on to the moment, to bottle up my kids cute faces or the silly things they wear. To some extent, photography allows me to do just that. It has opened my eyes to a previously undiscovered world. It has allowed me to see the world around me with a deeper appreciation. I am constantly aware of the extraordinary among the ordinary and the beauty in the mundane. I don't see pictures. I see stories ... with both my eyes and my heart. I am a wordless storyteller. Thanks for joining me here.

Does location matter? Do pictures have to be stressful? [Family]

This may sound like a strange title - but it is something I have been meaning to address and the perfect session to address it with! This family lives near us and I have taken their family photos numerous times. Normally we head to a location with pretty scenery of some type....If you have had on-location photos before, I am sure you remember wondering what your "background" would be - urban, country, woodsy, fields, etc. This was somewhat impromptu. We decided to just stay in the backyard, with clothes they already had on hand. AND I LOVE THEIR PICTURES :) It doesn't have to be stressful and complicated to get your family photos taken! I don't even need a large space to be honest. So don't decide not to get your pictures taken due to the stress of it!

Besides loving these photos, I also love these people.

When they moved in on our street, their kids were my kid ages and we only had one child at that time. We carpooled and Julie showed me the ropes. Julie also suggested I try BSF. I held off for a while but eventually tried and was hooked! (Thanks!) Troy has a heart for the Lord, for people and for education. My husband is blessed to work alongside him in serving our school and community. In a job that can be thankless, please know you are appreciated. And to your girls - thanks for being such wonderful role models to our kids. Watching you girls grow is another visual for me of time flying! So glad we are catching it along the way!

Enjoy a few of your photos...












0 comments:

Post a Comment