Welcome

My eyes have led me down a path I never thought I would take. Although holding on to memories has always been important to me, I haven’t dreamed of being a photographer my whole life. I have, however, dreamed of keeping my kids small and my vacations alive. I have wished to stop time, to hold on to the moment, to bottle up my kids cute faces or the silly things they wear. To some extent, photography allows me to do just that. It has opened my eyes to a previously undiscovered world. It has allowed me to see the world around me with a deeper appreciation. I am constantly aware of the extraordinary among the ordinary and the beauty in the mundane. I don't see pictures. I see stories ... with both my eyes and my heart. I am a wordless storyteller. Thanks for joining me here.

A Front Seat to Watching them Grow! [AMW Family]

One of the major perks of being a photographer is the relationships I get to build. Photographers have the unique privilege and honor to be involved in very special and oftentimes intimate life moments. Whether it be a wedding, a birth, an anniversary, a graduation or just life as it is, this is a GIFT to me. With repeat clients (who I consider friends) and individuals/families at all life stages, it is a constant reminder to mentally take notes and remember life in the NOW....because time doesn't stop and time doesn't slow down and time certainly doesn't go backwards.

There are many families that have been on this journey with me from the beginning. New or old friends - they all grow a special place in my heart.

I wanted to tell a bit of one young family's story through a small sampling of photos.

Back in the day, I started off taking sports shots and trying to find ways to weave meaning into the end products. This is B when he was still in college.
 One day, he met a lovely young lady and they said "We do." 

A few years later, this little guy entered into their world and made them parents.



One year later, he was walking and talking...

 And getting lots of love...



He loved trucks...
 And his parents.
He provided so much joy to his family.
They were filled with even more joy when they found out they would grow their family with another.
 This sweet little lady was born not too long after...

 she was a beauty!
and the little boy still loved trucks!
 And mom and dad had plenty of room in their hearts for the newest addition.


The story doesn't stop there! Nope - I am thankful to be capturing the next moment in their lives in another month or two. THIS makes photography more than a job. It is not only a gift to those I get to serve - but also to me as I build authentic friendships and am reminded daily...time keeps on moving. Try to LIVE and BE in the moment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment