Welcome

My eyes have led me down a path I never thought I would take. Although holding on to memories has always been important to me, I haven’t dreamed of being a photographer my whole life. I have, however, dreamed of keeping my kids small and my vacations alive. I have wished to stop time, to hold on to the moment, to bottle up my kids cute faces or the silly things they wear. To some extent, photography allows me to do just that. It has opened my eyes to a previously undiscovered world. It has allowed me to see the world around me with a deeper appreciation. I am constantly aware of the extraordinary among the ordinary and the beauty in the mundane. I don't see pictures. I see stories ... with both my eyes and my heart. I am a wordless storyteller. Thanks for joining me here.

Amanda + Kenny [Wedding]


Everyone knows the time, creativity and thoughtfulness that goes into planning a wedding. For some of us girls, it starts in our homes playing dress up when we are little. For others of us, it starts later and can easily grow out of control via Pinterest! So many items vie for the bride and groom's attention on that wedding to-do list...from the obvious items such as the perfect dress, the venue, and the flowers, down to every little detail including things like getting ready and the departure at the end of the evening. When a bride and groom hires me for their wedding, we spend a lot of time in conversation discussing expectations, needs and wants - so that the photography/timeline are nailed down in advance to insure ~ to the best of our ability ~ that everything important to the bride and groom is captured for them to relive over the years.

Amanda and Kenny were no different. They planned ample time between the ceremony and reception so that they could take their wedding party to a beautiful outdoor location for all of their photos. As sometimes happens, the one thing which we couldn't plan out comprehensively was ... the weather. Every photographer has to have a plan B - which could be to brave the weather regardless - or to be flexible as needed and adapt to the situation. We watched the forecast throughout the week (gotta love the weather apps) and it was consistently sunny but chilly. Despite that forecast, I started to have my doubts about the weather as I was driving to Marysville that Saturday morning. My car said it was 40 degrees and I am pretty sure there was sleet splashing onto my windshield....and...I had to slow down because the wind was blowing my car on the freeway. 

When I arrived at the Church and saw Amanda, I was so impressed with how calm she was. With all of the planning that goes into these days, it is hard sometimes to just let it all go and enjoy the day...realizing you have done all that you could have done and then taking the events of the day as they come. Some things were going a little differently than planned, and she was so gracious. It didn't surprise me though. You see, she works in a job in which she is constantly put into situations that require calmness and decision making - and she is really good at her job. It was remarkable how she was able to just go with the flow. 

The weather didn't really improve, but the bridal party braved the cold - and she and Kenny were able to get a few minutes at our originally planned location. Kenny works with videography so I know that he had high hopes in regards to specific photographs, but he too, was able to be flexible. They were troopers! If I would have zoomed in, you could have seen the goose bumps on the girls arms! 

Colleen from CTphoto Memories and I have put together a glimpse of their wedding story on that chilly, but special day....

How special it was that Amanda's mom is a talented florist. I would think it a huge blessing to have your mother involved in lovingly and meaningfully creating the flowers for your own wedding!
The first look with her father...He seemed like such a kind and gentle man.




And the blind first look with the groom....
Kenny also used his skills to design the programs...




I love the organist's expression in this one below.




























I am pretty sure the stories behind each of the events her maid of honor shared would have been quite entertaining! I mean come on, even I know of at least one good dancing story involving Amanda...;)


Don't you think this cake is gorgeous???













As you sit back and reflect on YOUR day, I hope your memories are filled with joy! And as you look to the many new memories you will be creating, I pray each day you will wake up with a heart of gratitude as you continue to choose each other over and over again.

"I want to hold your hand, laugh at your jokes, walk by your side, snuggle on the couch, look into your eyes, talk about whatever and kiss your lips every single day"
- Author unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment