Welcome

My eyes have led me down a path I never thought I would take. Although holding on to memories has always been important to me, I haven’t dreamed of being a photographer my whole life. I have, however, dreamed of keeping my kids small and my vacations alive. I have wished to stop time, to hold on to the moment, to bottle up my kids cute faces or the silly things they wear. To some extent, photography allows me to do just that. It has opened my eyes to a previously undiscovered world. It has allowed me to see the world around me with a deeper appreciation. I am constantly aware of the extraordinary among the ordinary and the beauty in the mundane. I don't see pictures. I see stories ... with both my eyes and my heart. I am a wordless storyteller. Thanks for joining me here.

Birth + joy

A birth is the beginning of something. A start to life; to a spiritual journey; to new ideas or new horizons. Anyone who has been a part of the birth of a child knows it is a miracle. Simply a miracle and there are no other words that do it justice.

God has given me a passion for women's health. I considered it as a field of study when I was in college, but didn't feel that was the journey God had scripted for me at that time. The changes we go through as we age and as some of us travel through pregnancy and motherhood run deep physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually and I know there is so much opportunity to encourage and to minister to these women.

I had the rare opportunity to capture the first moments of a sweet little girl as she made her entrance into this world at the end of 2011. Really, there is nothing like those first few moments of a birth. Miraculous. Breathtaking. Unforgettable. Sometimes even heartbreaking. But new babies, new life...

Births are amazing.

Out of respect for these parents, I am just posting a few pictures, but I think they need no words.







1 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww...this brought tears to my eyes! God bless you Anne Marie! What a gift!!! Karla

Post a Comment