Welcome

My eyes have led me down a path I never thought I would take. Although holding on to memories has always been important to me, I haven’t dreamed of being a photographer my whole life. I have, however, dreamed of keeping my kids small and my vacations alive. I have wished to stop time, to hold on to the moment, to bottle up my kids cute faces or the silly things they wear. To some extent, photography allows me to do just that. It has opened my eyes to a previously undiscovered world. It has allowed me to see the world around me with a deeper appreciation. I am constantly aware of the extraordinary among the ordinary and the beauty in the mundane. I don't see pictures. I see stories ... with both my eyes and my heart. I am a wordless storyteller. Thanks for joining me here.

Krysten and Matt [Wedding]

Their's is a love story.

During the toasts, her dad told about it and his best man talked about it. Matt and Krysten knew each other when they were little kids, playing outside in the streets of Pennsylvania. They went away, and then were brought back together as they grew older. Apparently, they were meant to be together.

I met Krysten on the night of the rehearsal dinner. She had a lot on her mind - as any bride would the night before her wedding. She couldn't believe that everyone was there just for her and Matt. And anyway, girls start dreaming about their wedding days when they are young. Everything needs to be just so. But on the day of her wedding, she was cool and calm. It was her day.

And everything was just so.

The beautiful dress... and the bouquet - [which smelled absolutely lovely.]
Seriously, check out these FABULOUS shoes.



The rings...

More florals and some special family jewelry.




Doesn't she look stunning?



Daddy's girl...

Mom's boy...

The groom...


Her dad read scripture during the ceremony.

So happy to be together in this moment.

Both parents looking on. So proud of their children but probably trying to believe that they are at this stage in parenting.

A huge milestone.

Giving your child away yet gaining another. I don't know if you can ever be totally ready for that.


I love the way Krysten is looking at Matt here.

And now, Mr. and Mrs. Matt Kendall!

Reception details. Everything was wonderful.


The first dance.


The father daughter dance . Her dress looks so pretty and regal in this black and white image.

The mother son dance... Now, does this mother look she is enjoying herself? You should have seen her. She held nothing back! I heard her say afterwards to one of her good friends, "I had to do something fast or I would have cried the whole time." 

Not a bad strategy.

Best wishes to you both as you begin your new life together. Thanks for letting me share in your day and share it from my perspective.


Please go to Colleen's blog at CT Photo Memories to see the beauty of that day through her eyes.


1 comments:

Bev said...

I know Colleen, you are a great team and do lovely work!

Post a Comment